Hey, I thought to write down a bit about my illness the past two years.
October 2012, I went home from work with a diagnosis Fatigue Syndrome. A very tough situation where I had a lot to do and I really enjoyed to work as a ICT Admin. I have worked with this for 14 years.
In retrospect, it was a wise choice to make contact with the healthcare system, it had not been so happy to “work on” for a while.
I was on sick leave until April 2013 when I started working 25% and up to now I have fluctuated between 25% – 75% work.
I’ve tried 4 different medications that should help me gain strength and stamina.
Meanwhile, it has been added to diagnoses from psychiatric consultant, such as depression and a variant of ADHD.
This package of diagnoses gives me:
• A fatigue that does not help to sleep away
• Short-term memory, forgetting names, difficulty typing on keyboard, forget times and schedules
• Difficulties to answer the phone, visit family, children and friends.
• “Multitasking” does not work at all
• Night Sleep is very poor, despite medicine
• Can´t do any “projects” at home, just simple chores (if I have the energy)
• I often go away when it gets a lot of people around me
You would think that I should soon recover after such a long period of illness, but psychiatrist and other doctors believe that this kind of affliction “take time” before I am myself again.
As you can see on this blog, I have been out with the kayak and tent on 2-4 day trips, this was great for a long time, but this year it’s less paddling and more to sit on a rock and watch the sunsets. I also have to rest many times when I pack up or down the camping spots. I have also had problems remembering to pack in the right order without forgetting something.
An awkward situation is that you can get a picture of me as lazy and forgetful, but I focus on getting well instead.
I do not know what the interest is on this, but this is my life right now.. 🙂